Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Quinton Spain is visiting Cincy this week; likely to sign
(11-10-2020, 06:03 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I can understand your logic on most of this except for the bolded. Kareem's whopping 9 tackles with 0 TFLs, 0 sacks, and 0 QB Hits in 8 games played is not making me think he could in any way be the "future" at the end spot. I'm fine keeping Kareem with the last end spot, but in no way should the Bengals bank on him being a major contributor next year.

As you said, they should have some boost with Tupou, Reader, Wren, and Waynes coming back. But ultimately, we don't know if they will play well or not when they finally are back. And if WJ3 leaves, you're basically requiring that a draft pick has to be a starter right out of the gate and play well on top of that. Same for edge if Lawson doesn't re-sign. Lawson and WJ3 are the best players at their position on the team right now. I am all for a CB and edge being drafted, and early, but I think WJ3 and/or Lawson needs to still be retained.

What you are asking for just isn't possible under next year's salary cap. They already have 2 players on Defense at 100 Million. I'd want Lawson and WJ3 back as well; but, they play positions that are the top tier in Money on Defense. They already have Waynes signed for 4 years at 45 Million. You can't do that with WJ3 as well.
You can sign another OL for much cheaper, and draft another Tackle with the 1st pick, giving Burrow the protection he needs moving forward.
The rest of the picks can come to help the Defense.
I do agree with you somewhat about Kareem. But, let's hold back any sweeping analysis until year 2 in the league. We know that players take big steps in year 2, and he could take off next year.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Quinton Spain is visiting Cincy this week; likely to sign - JerseyDD09 - 11-12-2020, 02:47 PM
No Spain no Gain - kalibengal - 11-12-2020, 05:59 PM
RE: No Spain no Gain - Bilbo Saggins - 11-12-2020, 06:16 PM
RE: No Spain no Gain - fredtoast - 11-12-2020, 06:16 PM