Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Voter fraud does not benefit Democrats
(11-12-2020, 03:02 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Do I think there was enough fraudulent voting to shape this election? No. But I don't think folks should be motivated not to look just because Trump asserts there is.    

I hear ya, I just think it is more of Trump breaking another unspoken rule of political etiquette.  Everyone is aware that our voting system that hinges upon human beings and machinery is as prone to error as any other aspect of life, but Trump is pointing it out and trying to use our collective "democracy works" assumptions and desire to just sweep stuff under the rug and pretend it's hunky dory to sow dissention and benefit himself at the cost of our national image.

Academically we all realize that anything that happens 150,000,000 times is going to have a percentage of errors and there are going to be people within that 150 million sample who are willing to miscount or fraudulently vote for their side.  The issue is someone with Trump's power convincing people that the system is completely broken and "the other side" is enthusiastically cheating as a rule.  That goes beyond voter fraud and into exerting an undue amount of influence upon the process and undermining the system itself.

That's my take.  Trump is less "this system is flawed and needs looked at" and more "the democrats are cheating, so we need to make sure I'm the winner regardless of what the numbers say because the numbers are automatically wrong."
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Voter fraud does not benefit Democrats - Nately120 - 11-12-2020, 03:16 PM