Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joe Mixon's Foot - Bungle Med Staff at it Again?
(11-15-2020, 02:00 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: That if you have a good OL, you don't need to pay a RB because anyone half decent will be good.

Also that if you have a bad OL, you don't need to pay a RB because even a good RB will be bad.

- - - -
Elliott was always a bit overrated, running behind an OL with 3 All-Pros. His best feature was he was a workhorse, being able to hold up to 24 touches per game. That contract was always going to be a failure because you can't keep an OL together for eternity, doubly so for one that good while you're paying your RB $15m/yr.

Exactly. So why is it being held against Mixon that our Oline is absolute trash and has been basically since he's been on the team. Or comparing him to Cook when they have mostly had a good Oline since he's been with them. You and I both know it's just as much the Oline who makes a back good as it is actual skill. 

Again, I'm not talking about if we should have paid either Mixon or Gio what we did - I think both deals weren't good. But both are top tier backs behind a good Oline. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Joe Mixon's Foot - Bungle Med Staff at it Again? - TheFan - 11-15-2020, 03:00 AM