Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joe Mixon's Foot - Bungle Med Staff at it Again?
(11-15-2020, 05:20 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Because he doesn't do himself any favors in trying to get success.

His running style is an attempt at recreating Le'Veon Bell's with the hesitations and the like rather than attacking and instantly moving forward.

The problem is Le'Veon Bell was only able to do that because he had an OL that was allowed to hold all day long as much as they wanted without penalty. Just look at what happened when he tried to do that running style with the Jets and the Chiefs... it has failed horribly with both.

Joe Mixon is a 6'1, 220lb RB. He needs to run forward and with more authority. He doesn't get nearly enough broken tackles for a back his size, and that IS something that you can compare regardless of OL.

Since 2018 (how long they have stats for)...
Joe Mixon: 19.2 RPBT (rushes per broken tackle)
Frank Gore: 16.5 RPBT 
Nick Chubb: 9.0 RPBT 
Ezekiel Elliott: 14.0 RPBT 
Dalvin Cook: 10.8 RPBT
Christian McCaffrey: 14.1 RPBT 
Derrick Henry: 8.8 RPBT 
Saquon Barkley: 10.6 RPBT 

That's pretty terrible. When you figure over that span, Mixon is averaging 17.6 carries per game. That means he averages well under 1 broken tackle per game.

(Giovani Bernard: 14.9 RPBT in a much smaller carry sample size than anyone else listed above, but figured it was worth noting. I wish they had these numbers for years further back. I would have loved to see early 2010s Marshawn Lynch numbers.)

I agree, there have definitely been times where I've become annoyed because you could see a 3-4 yard gain just by running straight but it becomes 1-2 by trying to dance around or go to a different "hole". 

RPBT is a good stat but if you also add in causing people to miss entirely his numbers look a little better. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Joe Mixon's Foot - Bungle Med Staff at it Again? - TheFan - 11-15-2020, 01:29 PM