Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 1.67 Average
Zak needs 1 more year to change culture
(11-16-2020, 08:42 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I wouldn't have hired Zac Taylor in the first place.

Let's look at why Zac was hired and so let's think like Mike Brown.  Now the public reason Zac was hired was because he was part of the Sean McVay coaching tree and he spoke eloquently about "accountability" in the interview.  Now we all know these two things were mierde de toro.  Zac was hired because Mike Brown is cheap.  Now I know the Front Office is forced to spend up to a certain level below the salary cap but the salary cap does not apply to coaches.  Mike hired the sucker who would come to Cincinnati and be a head coach as a resume enhancer and work for peanuts. 

I saw through this awful hire in Week Two of 2019 when the 49ers mopped the floor with the Bengals in embarrassing fashion.  Zac should have been let go after the 2019 season.  His hire was a bust.

This is the same as get rid of Andy Dalton years ago. Up until Joe Burrow came up in the draft who were you going to replace Dalton with? I was all for getting Joe Burrow to replace Dalton and I will listen on who you are going to get to replace Taylor. I doubt if Belichek, Reid are available. Zak Taylor took over a sinking ship right before it hit the bottom of the ocean. Some of you want him to take over the helm and think it is as easy as saying we need to go up. We shedded some dead weight are trying to rebuild with FA and the Draft. Last years draft was pretty damn good. Lately we have been scoring 30 pts a game up until the Steelers game. I think that is a positive sign. We have had our 2 starting tackles out for 2 weeks and Turner our Off Line Coach everyone hates did a great job of piecing together a pretty decent line. I know we are tired of losing but give this staff a chance before we start all over again with a new philosophy. At least Taylor is not blaming injuries. He is a standup guy. Much better than Marvin Lewis.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Zak needs 1 more year to change culture - SuperBowlBound! - 11-16-2020, 09:37 AM