Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Not understanding Darrin Simmons
(11-15-2020, 11:18 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: In a single game, Erickson made 3 MASSIVE errors on punt return duty.
1. The fumble, obviously. He really wanted those additional 2 yards. I don't personally think it was worth it though.
2. Not taking a fair catch when a guy is barreling down on him unblocked. He got smacked as soon as the ball arrived. He's very lucky he wasn't injured and he didn't fumble the ball.
3. Letting the ball bounce at the 10 or 15 yard line rather than taking the fair catch, letting it bounce down to the 4 yard line, effectively ending the drive before it even begins (because no sane person lets their rookie QB pass from the 4 yard line behind a patchwork Oline).

He also just let too many punts bounce in front of him only to lose 5 or 10 more yards, which is stupid, but those plays don't hold a candle to the top 3 gaffes.

I think it'd be a net gain if we just put a guy back there that didn't even try to return the ball and always caught it at its landing point.

15 fumbles in 5 years is an ugly stat for your punt returner to have.

I will let #3 slide as it was crazy windy out there, and it was better than another fumble, but completely agree on the rest.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Not understanding Darrin Simmons - CJD - 11-15-2020, 11:18 PM
RE: Not understanding Darrin Simmons - SHRacerX - 11-16-2020, 10:34 AM