Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 1.67 Average
Zak needs 1 more year to change culture
(11-16-2020, 11:18 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: The problem is being on fourth and short so much in the first place.  It means you failed on third down. 

How is that relevant to his point though?

We converted 13/14 4th downs; whether, 3rd, 2nd, whatever, the point is we converted and seem to be doing a good job of it, not to mention we had the 6th best percentage league-wide, last year as well.

If you want to criticize the 3rd down %, by all means, but it has nothing to do with 4th down.

(11-16-2020, 11:10 AM)wildcatnku24 Wrote: If this were the case, how would we be dang-near 100% on fourth down? And how would we be putting so many points up each week? I think we're experiencing a heavy dose of Monday loss blues. I know I am, but I do agree with the OP on Zac needing another year. It's funny, prior and during his hire, we acknowledged (most of us) that it'd take a few years to build this thing. But now we're supposedly expecting win-now. While I'd absolutely love to win now, I expect this offseason to be a big one in terms of out with the old, in with the new.

EDIT: Also, our team doesn't quit. That to me is the sign of good coaching. We have fight, and we've been very competitive. As a fan, I have enjoyed watching MOST of the games this year, Baltimore and Pittsburg not withstanding.

To the bold, that is exactly the mentality I've gotten all year; execution has not been the greatest at times and our D has let us down more-often than not, but I don't find myself as angry/miserable on Mondays this year, as I am today, which means that they're doing things much-better than last year.

And to your first paragraph, that is the absolute truth; all of us INTELLIGENT fans, knew this would be a 2-3 year work in progress and not only have we looked markedly-better than at this point last year, we have 2 more wins than at this point last year, have started to cut bait and the team has never quit or packed it in at any point. Zac just needs consistency; the Titans game was called beautifully, as were about half a dozen games this year. His only two duds have been the Ravens and Stoolers (arguable on the Chargers, but that's the first game of a ******-up season) and he needs to eliminate those.

There are absolutely issues on this team (every team has issues), but if nobody can see that this team is indeed trending upward from the second half of 2018-2019, then you really need to re-evaluate things.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Zak needs 1 more year to change culture - Truck_1_0_1_ - 11-16-2020, 11:28 AM