Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 1.67 Average
Zak needs 1 more year to change culture
(11-16-2020, 12:47 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Actually Kyle Shanahan had it figure out his FIRST season.  He was 5-0 as soon as he got a decent QB (Garrapolo).  Only reason he had a bad second season was that he lost Jimmy G and went 3-10 with Nick Mullins and C.J. Breathard starting in his place.  The defense improved from 24th to 13th, but the offense struggled without Garrapolo.

(11-16-2020, 12:55 PM)fredtoast Wrote: We were 17th in scoring offense in 2018 the year before Taylor took over.

In his two seasons we are 30th and 22nd.

So the offense has got better, and the defense still sucks. I am not defending ZT, but there has been improvements from last year. Last year was absolutely abysmal, this year is still really bad but this team is certainly better than last year. If we're going with "why things went wrong", especially on defense, our best players on defense (Geno, Dunlap) and best player on the team (AJ) has fallen completely off a cliff. 

I want to re-iterate that I personally think Zach should be canned if he cannot get to at least 5 wins. At least. But just stating there has been improvement, just not enough for me to feel like he's the guy to lead us to the promise land.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
 [Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Zak needs 1 more year to change culture - Hoofhearted - 11-16-2020, 01:27 PM