Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Have we found our tackles of the future?
(11-16-2020, 12:07 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: I have wanted this for some time.  He is young, local, the best at his position, and comes from a winning culture.  However, I am starting to realize that with the disappearance of Atkins and Dunlap's demise, this team needs an infusion of talent on the defensive line.  They also need a vertical WR since Green is apparently done.  I liked the idea of going after Brandin Cooks as a veteran that can get vertical, but I would probably prefer those dollars be spent on defense as well and get a vertical WR in the draft.  

Spending money in FA on the O-line and WR frees up draft picks for difference makers on the D.

From a cost control point of view we should be targeting D in the early rounds of this draft. In the last 6 drafts we've only drafted one first round D player (WJIII) and only one second round D player (Bates).

It's also going to maybe easier to attract FA on the offensive side to than FA on the defensive side. I've said it before but with a potentially elite Q we should be looking for rebound WRs on the cheap who want a one year prove it deal with a quality QB. If they succeed we get a year out of them and then a good comp pick.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Have we found our tackles of the future? - TJHoushmandzadeh's Shiny Shoes - 11-16-2020, 04:41 PM