Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.67 Average
Sorry for accusing people of watching FoxNews
I always wondered why so many people here got upset when i accused them of watching FoxNews after they repeated a FoxNews speaking point word-for-word. But now I understand that FoxNews is actually too liberal for many Trump supporters. So instead the support NewsMax

https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/12/media/fox-news-newsmax-reliable-sources/index.html

On Monday the channel averaged 347,000 viewers. On Tuesday, 437,000 viewers. Evening shows like "Spicer & Co" and "Greg Kelly Reports" are reaching 700,000 and 800,000 viewers. These shows struggled to hit 100,000 before the election! Something has clearly changed.

There are two theories: First, that Fox's early projection about Biden winning Arizona enraged Trump loyalists, causing some to flip over to Newsmax, at least temporarily. Second, that Fox's portrayal of Biden as president-elect caused even more angst, and sending even more viewers in Newsmax's direction.

If Fox is merely dabbling in election denialism, Newsmax is doubling down on it. Trump campaign adviser Jason Miller was explicit on Kelly's show Wednesday night: "We gotta stop Joe Biden from becoming the next president."

Newsmax's sudden gains are about demand meeting supply. There is a demand for content that swears Biden is not president-elect; that Trump is not a loser; that Trump might even win a second term. Al Schmidt, the Republican city commissioner of Philadelphia, touched on the demand side when he told CNN's John Berman: "One thing I can't comprehend is how hungry people are to consume lies and to consume information that is not true."

This is a demand issue right now. In the same way that some Trump loyalists are discovering Newsmax, some are also downloading Parler, the "Twitter-like app that describes itself as the world's 'premier free speech social network,'" the New York Times' Mike Isaac and Kellen Browning wrote Wednesday. We are witnessing a further "fracturing of the information ecosystem," caused by conservatives who can't or don't believe that more Americans voted for Biden than Trump.

Here is another article about people leaving FoxNews in order to support Trump. The headline pretty much explains that story

https://www.chicksonright.com/blog/2020/11/11/fox-news-faces-backlash-after-episodes-of-blatant-bias-and-dishonesty/

Fox News Faces Backlash After Episodes Of Blatant Bias And Dishonesty

Remember when headlines like that were from MSNBC?

Here is another story from the people who cry the loudets about "cancel culture" Hilarious

https://welovetrump.com/2020/11/10/fox-news-ratings-tanking-ever-since-claims-they-backstabbed-trump/

Fox News Ratings TANKING Ever Since Claims They “Backstabbed” Trump

So it looks like Fox is now just another part of the Lamestream Media. I have to start moving down the line to NewsMax, OANN, Breitbert, and Rush Limbaugh to get "THE TRUTH".
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Sorry for accusing people of watching FoxNews - fredtoast - 11-16-2020, 05:56 PM