Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Anybody to re look that draft strategy
(11-16-2020, 07:19 PM)Yogo Wrote: HINDSIGHT BUT....

I remember last year when a national football stats analyst girl from NFL network claimed that the Bengals would improve their entire team a ton more if we drafted Chase Young over Burrow (a slight upgrade to the whole TEAM). It was based on WAR or some kind of data analysis. I remember buying into that argument, but here we are now. Imagine if we had stuck to a 4-3 and had Chase chasing QBs around? Just last week, I think he was rated the 2nd best edge rusher that creates sacks for his other defensive mates. Defense helps offense and vise versa. Now we are still in dire need of an edge rusher and an offensive line. So I'm all for drafting the edge rusher Rosseau from THE U (based on our hybrid scheme) and Oline in the 2nd and 3rd now. A 3-4 defensive end won't have much of an impact because they occupy blockers more than cause the threat. We need Rosseau badly especially if Lawson goes elsewhere in free agency. It's a clear choice. I'd be okay with Penei if he drops to us, but Rosseau will be in our range. GOGOGO!

Young has been good, but he’s not moved the needle for Washington as much as Burrow has for us. Burrow has given us the chance to win 7 out of 9 games. It’s much easier to find pass rushers than it is a true franchise QB.

And with our luck we would have taken Young and then ended up missing out on Lawrence and Fields next year. Burrow was absolutely the right choice (surprised that still has to be said but i realize it’s a day after a bad loss).

If you’re giving me the choice between a player with Mahomes, Rodgers, Wilson type potential or one of the Bosa’s, Watt’s, Garrett, etc it’s an easy decision to me.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Anybody to re look that draft strategy - Nicomo Cosca - 11-16-2020, 07:33 PM