Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Anybody to re look that draft strategy
(11-16-2020, 07:33 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Young has been good, but he’s not moved the needle for Washington as much as Burrow has for us. Burrow has given us the chance to win 7 out of 9 games. It’s much easier to find pass rushers than it is a true franchise QB.

And with our luck we would have taken Young and then ended up missing out on Lawrence and Fields next year. Burrow was absolutely the right choice (surprised that still has to be said but i realize it’s a day after a bad loss).

If you’re giving me the choice between a player with Mahomes, Rodgers, Wilson type potential or one of the Bosa’s, Watt’s, Garrett, etc it’s an easy decision to me.

I like Burrows, but think about it.  There have been only a handful of players that have been labeled generational talents at their position coming out of college (Andrew Luck, David DeCastro, Chase Young, Trevor Lawrence, Peyton Manning).  Can't really miss with them.  If we had Chase Young and servicable Andy Dalton vs. Burrow and no pass rush, we might have a better overall record right now, like 4 wins. Oh, btw I still didn't get why we didn't get DeCastro and traded down to let the Steelers get him and say that we wanted Zeitler all along. Ah well.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Anybody to re look that draft strategy - Yogo - 11-17-2020, 04:14 AM