Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.67 Average
Sorry for accusing people of watching FoxNews
(11-16-2020, 05:56 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I always wondered why so many people here got upset when i accused them of watching FoxNews after they repeated a FoxNews speaking point word-for-word.  But now I understand that FoxNews is actually too liberal for many Trump supporters.  So instead the support NewsMax

https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/12/media/fox-news-newsmax-reliable-sources/index.html

Newsmax's sudden gains are about demand meeting supply.
There is a demand for content that swears Biden is not president-elect; that Trump is not a loser; that Trump might even win a second term. Al Schmidt, the Republican city commissioner of Philadelphia, touched on the demand side when he told CNN's John Berman: "One thing I can't comprehend is how hungry people are to consume lies and to consume information that is not true."

This is a demand issue right now. In the same way that some Trump loyalists are discovering Newsmax, some are also downloading Parler, the "Twitter-like app that describes itself as the world's 'premier free speech social network,'" the New York Times' Mike Isaac and Kellen Browning wrote Wednesday. We are witnessing a further "fracturing of the information ecosystem," caused by conservatives who can't or don't believe that more Americans voted for Biden than Trump.

The bolded is the important take away from that article.  

There is a now a disinformation economy driven by demand. 

Fox has fractured, with the honest journalists calling the election as it went and the conspiracy mongers like Hannity, Ingraham, Levin, and Rush continuing the "breaking news" tactic, reporting this or that new "Trump team" strategy to contest the election without mentioning how many of their lawsuits have been dropped. They continue to report new claims of fraud faster than the MSM reveals their debunking.

Newsmax and OANN and similar sites are positioned to supply that demand--I.e., to take away market share from Fox.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sorry for accusing people of watching FoxNews - Dill - 11-17-2020, 11:53 AM