Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 1.67 Average
Zak needs 1 more year to change culture
(11-17-2020, 02:05 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: The last time you could pair the word good with the Bengals was mid 2015. It's been straight downhill since. I guess he's talking about that pre mid 2015 era. But even then used to winning is sort of a stretch.

Yeah, which was my point. The only guy wanting out is gone. He had some good years, here, no question. I'm watching my college team go through this same process, and watching the same comments on social media...lol. We shit canned the last coach midway through year 2 and we're back to rebuilding with a totally new philosophy AGAIN. The previous coach won a national title, then just essentially quit coaching. He let the talent in the trenches go to shit, sound familiar? The team still hasn't rebounded 4-5 years later.

I'd like to see this team go on a tear against these lesser teams over the next few weeks, then show real improvement against Balt and Pitt to close it out. If they do that, then I'm intrigued for year 3. If they completely shit the bed to close it out, barring anymore significant injuries, then we probably need to consider a big change. As it stands, I'd evaluate Lou and some position coaches and replace accordingly. 

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Zak needs 1 more year to change culture - Wyche'sWarrior - 11-17-2020, 02:17 PM