Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump, where do you stand on him now?
(11-13-2020, 08:32 PM)GMDino Wrote: I know, I know...another Trump thread.  Smirk

But I'm just curious about something (lots of things but one thing this time):

For four years we've had people here strongly defending Trump, people who strongly disliked Trump, and people who said they didn't like Trump but only defended him because others didn't like him.  

At one point it was suggested to me to try and understand why his supporters did what they did and said what they said rather than challenge them because challenging them just made them more hardcore in their defense of Trump.

So how are you all feeling now?  Watching how he is acting after losing both the popular vote and the EC and continuing to post that he really won, that it is all a conspiracy?  The baseless lawsuits?

Are you still willing to defend him as a person let a lone as as President?

He never "grew into the job".
His "different" ways of handling things never translated to political success.
He never drained the swamp.  In fact he filled it with his own special swamp creatures.
He never ran the country like a business other than to spend wildly, steal money from one department to fund another (failing) one and drive up debt.

What did he do that you thought he would that was worth all that time defending him?

The Supreme Court?

Congrats.  You sold your souls for a couple court cases that then might get changed back later.

A tax cut?  Unless you're in the top 10% you will see your taxes slowly rise moving forward as the "middle class" part was only temporary.

Four years ago everyone knew what and who Trump was.  Some of you hitch your wagon to him and whipped that horse like it going to take you to the promised land.  Instead you barely got out of the gate and now the horse is crapping all around you and demanding you celebrate it.

He was destined to embarrass himself and he did. 

Every day since the election was called is just worse and worse.  In both what he say and what he does.

I feel bad that people were so snookered.  I don't feel bad for the people who knew but supported him anyway for couple pieces of silver in the form of three SCJ and a temporary tax break at the expense of our standing in the world and the slow erosion of the norms that make out country run.

Most of what he did can be fixed.  But I fear the people who didn't care for four years will make the same choices again in the future because they haven't learned anything.

Just my two cents.

After reading that, there really is nothing to say, you've already told us all how we feel... 

Why can't you just leave it at the basic question and leave your bias out of it? There is no point in answering, your objective is crystal clear.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump, where do you stand on him now? - Mike M (the other one) - 11-18-2020, 05:50 AM