Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.67 Average
Sorry for accusing people of watching FoxNews
(11-18-2020, 02:26 PM)hollodero Wrote: For me, that is because FOX (with exceptions for sure) and those even further right are considerably worse. Which is putting it too mildly. The amount of misinformation and pure propaganda coming from there is quite unmatched from all those stations you mentioned. One can say about them quite a lot, I consider them all weird and sure opinionated and biased, not a fan. But at least they tend to have their facts straight and don't go full leader worship or conspiracy theory. Case in point, they don't claim in court that they can not possibly commit slander for any viewer should get that what they claim as factual is not factual, like a satire show would. Or like Tucker does.

I didn't grow up with those stations, and I can not quite express how utterly shocking the FOX evening shows are for the unfamiliar eye. In their driving a pure political message, their absolute onesidedness, their creating bogeymans, their selling unfounded opinions as facts, their daily liberal slander. And this shock has nothing to do with my own political stance. It's just gross.

CNN, yeah they don't like Trump and show it. MSNBC is distinctly liberal and some of their anchors are too much for me also. Sure they are all talking point producers of their own. But it's not even close to being the mirrored FOX channel. That's why I don't care quite as much.

I will say that it is easy to dismiss the "your side is worse" narrative as a bit of a lazy argument but in this case we have a president who flat-out tells people to not listen to the media and to just listen to him and it's accepted and it is effective.  Fox News helped legitimize Trump as a politician and the proof is in the manner by which he conducts himself and the amount of support he gets.

It's hard to look at left wing and right wing propaganda as being the same or on the same level when you have Trump admitting that he's lying and getting rave reviews on one side and a bunch of liberals holding their noses and voting for Biden because he isn't Trump on the other side.  Trump's rise to power and the fact that anyone is listening to him baselessly claim our entire democracy is a sham because he didn't win a second term indicates the right-wing does propoganda frighteningly well.

As I said before, go back to 2010 or so and tell anyone, liberal or republican, that you come from 2020 and tens of millions of Americans are convinced that only Donald Trump loves America and speaks the truth, and see what kind of looks you get. Our current reality would be imperceivable a mere decade ago.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sorry for accusing people of watching FoxNews - Nately120 - 11-18-2020, 02:33 PM