Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump, where do you stand on him now?
(11-19-2020, 09:58 AM)GMDino Wrote: Oh I know people (family) who have done that to their friends and other members of the family.  I have not.

I muted a few "friends" on social media but I didn't cut anyone out of my life.  Basically because 1) They are not my closest friends so the interactions are fewer and 2) If they are older/closer friends we have so much more in common than politics.  

I draw the line at those who are violent in action or words toward other groups that are not them.  So far I haven't ran into that extreme yet.  Maybe I choose friends well?  I have strictly republican friends who have gay children for example and seem to not agree with the right' policies about them.  More likely the more casual friends hide some of their darker thoughts.  

My friends and wife are of the lean left persuasion with various degrees of intensity in there vocalization about politics.  Practically all of my friends have very conservative parents/families, though while my family is a bunch of lifelong democrats and pseudo hippies. My mother is the only person I know who has seen The Beatles and JFK in person, to sum that up.  I admit that I "lucked out" by not having a bunch of family members who think I'm an America-hating commie because I don't like Trump, rather some of my family members pressed me on not voting Biden when it was "too important" not to, but they also heard me out and accepted that I had logic behind my 3rd party insanity. One of my best pal's parents legitimately believe he hates America because unlike them he hasn't traded in his blue collar pro union PA democrat support for his ticket on the Trump train.

My wife's family is ultra nice but also rural "Trump is the only one who loves this country" to the max so I sort of keep things diplomatic and just avoid any sort of in-depth discussion on the stuff.  My job involves background checks for government security clearances and my mother in law is pretty sure I spend my time investigating whether people are Muslim or not.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump, where do you stand on him now? - Nately120 - 11-19-2020, 10:15 AM