Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Legal Weed From California OK??
I'm really surprised neither candidate this year ran with a position of pro-legalization of marijuana from a federal level.

The left has been getting more, and more progressive (this is simply true, I'm not trying to stir some crazy political talk), while this stance, I think, is almost moderate. I would have thought it might be a feather in their cap in being the party for the younger demographic, and their base.

And Trump, who is obviously on the right, is actually more liberal than many would have you to believe. Despite many's complaints about him, you can't say he's a traditional hard-nosed conservative. I would have thought he might have used this to reach across the aisle, or to appeal to voters that normally wouldn't align with his party.

It all just seems so stupid to me. The amount of tax dollars lost is unbelievable. If it were to be legalized everywhere the prices would conntinue to go further and further down, leaving opprtunity for plenty of taxes from both the state and federal level.

The fact it's illegal is not stopping anyone from using it, and it really hasn't in a long, long time. Enforcement costs money, and fines and costs do not negate this. Couple this with lose tax revenue, and you left with a lot of money lost. To accomplish what exactly? What does marijuana being illegal accomplish? What are the benefits?

Even the majority of most senior citizens aren't against it. They're most likely either pro-legalization, or they're indifferent.

I keep thinking politicians will come to their senses with this, and I keep getting proved wrong. I'm really not sure why someone hasn't been incredibly vocal about this, with all of the talking points we've suffered through in recent years (ex: transgender surgury for US soldiers).
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is Legal Weed From California OK?? - Wes Mantooth - 11-19-2020, 11:24 AM