Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 1.67 Average
Zak needs 1 more year to change culture
(11-19-2020, 02:09 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Just tell them you needed an evaluation year or three.  Then follow it up with a bunch cliches about how you're really building something here, and clients are really buying into your philosophies.  Works everytime. 

I pulled this off at my current job.  The sales guy I replaced was hitting about 60k a month in sales.  They fired his ass because a lot of the top reps do 100k plus and he had a number of below average years.

Well, my first year I did 20k with his accounts.  Bosses called me in at the end of the year, and I just told them I needed a year to really figure out which accounts to target, and that I really needed to evaluate my entire base.  They loved it.  They said they knew this was going to be the case, and to keep up the good work.

Year 2 I'm now sitting at the same 20k in sales towards the end of the year.  I may even reach 30, or 40, or even 50k by years end!  Just had a meeting with the big wigs, and I regurgitated a bunch of balogna I read in How to Win Friends and Influence People.  Guess what?  They ate that shit up.

I just got a new contract for a 3rd year.  They know I'm really building something here.  Sure, I might be the lowest selling rep in my entire division, but big things are around corner!  

I'm not quite the salesperson that Zac Taylor is  Hilarious
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Zak needs 1 more year to change culture - ochocincos - 11-19-2020, 02:17 PM