Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 1.67 Average
Zak needs 1 more year to change culture
(11-19-2020, 04:46 PM)Wyche Wrote: Agreed. I think one major difference though is that Marv inherited a damn good offensive line....whereas Zac got 3 bums, an unknown in Williams, and a decent guy in Hopkins. You saw how bad this team was offensively without a Joe Burrow under center. It was unwatchable. 2018 wasn't much better.

I'm with you, if he can't win 3 more games, then see ya. I have liked the direction the offense has taken since the line has gotten a tad better, and with the mobile JB.  Last year, you couldn't really open any of the playbook up. The line was that bad....and the QBs couldn't get out of the way.

Even with a Joe Burrow under center the Bengals have the 22nd scoring offense in the NFL. 

Also almost certainly going to get swept in the division (unless the Ravens sit their starters Week 17).

- - - - - - -
Interesting stat worth keeping an eye on since you mentioned mobility and being able to get out of the way... 

Joe Burrow is on pace to get sacked 57 times this year.

If you take his sack rate at LSU (with a talented OL and amazing run game) and put it to the number of attempts he's throwing in 2020, he would be on pace to have 50 sacks.

Sure a 7 sack difference is big, but those are both still huge totals.

Yes the OL is bad, but this also legitimately might just be Joe Burrow. A guy who takes a lot of sacks. (Even more so if he's throwing a ton.)

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Zak needs 1 more year to change culture - TheLeonardLeap - 11-19-2020, 09:58 PM