Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Am I nuts to think oline isn't all that big of a 'need' anymore?
(11-20-2020, 01:02 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I think a lot of people are getting excited of quantity instead of quality.

For some reason a lot of people love O-linemen who have never played for us, or have played just one game.  I could even bring back the threads where many fans were excited about Alex Redmond after he played one meaningless game at the end of the '17 season.  Same with Christian Westerman and Fred Johnson.

Now that we have a whole bunch of new faces people are picking guys that they feel will be the answer to our problems.  But while I do see a lot of new faces I don't see as many answers.  I see quantity but no more quality.

I don't see the O-line "playing better".  I saw Burrow have to work magic to keep from getting sacked multiple times by the worst pass rush in the league in Tennessee.  Then I saw the Steelers shut our offense down with 4 sacks, 9 QB hits, and 12 pressures.

Fred's a Quality RT

Messages In This Thread
RE: Am I nuts to think oline isn't all that big of a 'need' anymore? - Coach513 - 11-20-2020, 01:12 PM