Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 1.67 Average
Zak needs 1 more year to change culture
(11-20-2020, 02:36 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Not true until this year.  His production over the course of his career was high level and consistent.  The only fans that don't like him are the ones who don't know any other way to measure production from a DE than sacks.

It is kind of silly to judge a player's entire performance on a stat where every DE in the league other then Hall-of-famers average less than one sack per game over their careers.  

I actually replied to you in another thread trying to make my case and to dispute this.  The thread was either deleted or moved, because when I hit post it was gone.  I'm way too lazy to go back and redo the whole thing, but the numbers are there.

I looked at 2019, 2018, and 2017.  We're not talking about game to game variations, we're talking about enormous chunks of each season.

I know do remember that last year 62% his of sacks (5.5) came in only 12% (2) of the games.  He had only 1 sack through the first 8 games, and had 8 through the final 8 games.

The other years are very similar.  One half of the year he'll do very little, and the other half he'll bring his numbers up.  And this isn't just for sacks either, you can look at TckFL, QB hits, and you'll see the some very strange variations in production.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Zak needs 1 more year to change culture - Wes Mantooth - 11-20-2020, 03:19 PM