Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Whos going to be our next coach?
(11-22-2020, 08:01 PM)uticabengalfan Wrote: Hard to say what happens considering its the Bengals but if by some miracle we can Zac who do we see as legit options? I really think its an attractive job considering your qb is in place. Wouldnt mind seeing Matt Eberflus or another defensive mind as head coach. Hire someone to run the offense and go

I will go on record as saying that I would NOT change Bengals coaches over this 2020 Covid Season.  I would point out that 2020 itself has been one ducked up year.  Whoever heard of starting baseball in August or The Kentucky Derby or The Masters in late Fall.  Can any of you say your lives stayed the same in 2020 ???....

Now many will say all the other teams played in 2020 Covid season.  I agree on that.  However not all teams are in a major Rebuild after Coach Lewis fired after awful 2017 and 2018 seasons.  I say we could NOT expect Coach Taylor to win in 2019.  I further say his 2nd season of 2020 Covid and no preseason and limited practices and no fans in stands is something USA has never went through.  So I go on record here as saying Coach Taylor or any coach would need more than 2019 and Covid 2020 to Rebuild The Last Place Bengals of 2018. 

So many of you will not agree.  Many of you always think firing the coach or quarterback is the answer every year.  I will take the opposite side, and say it would be foolish to change coaches after 2019 and Covid 2020.  Coach Taylor needs more of a chance to Rebuild this team than that.  I'll tell you something else.  Paul Brown in 1968 said not to expect a winning team for at least 5 years.  I feel the awful 2018 team certainly needed more than 2 years.  

I think maybe we could have won a couple more games with Burrow, but he is OUT now, so is Mixon.  I myself can't wait for 2020 Covid year to end with medicine coming. 2020 was the worst year in USA I've ever seen.  Bring on 2021.   As for Bengals, I would NOT fire the coaches, I would want to see them back in 2021.  There is the temptation to bring Eric Bieniemy back to Cincy, but is he that good, or is Andy Reid, Kelce, Hill, Mahomes just that good.  Nope, I would stick with Coach Taylor one more year for the reasons I have stated.  

Plus, eating a coaches contract and hiring another takes money, and money is something empty Covid seat Bengals owners are busy trying not to go bankrupt on.  Just bring back Zac in 2021.   You can't Blow It Up and Start Over every year, that is NOT a good plan for success. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Whos going to be our next coach? - ah5 - 11-22-2020, 08:42 PM
RE: Whos going to be our next coach? - 3wt - 11-22-2020, 11:14 PM
RE: Whos going to be our next coach? - J24 - 11-22-2020, 09:07 PM
RE: Whos going to be our next coach? - kevin - 11-23-2020, 01:55 AM