Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Whos going to be our next coach?
I don't post much but I feel compelled at the moment. I strongly believe Taylor will be back though I believe we are all aligned that he shouldn't be. Burrow seems to really like him so you need to keep the face of your franchise happy but I think Taylor will be required to make some coaching changes.

Those of you clamoring for Luke Fickell is comical. He is exactly where he needs to be. Not a slight against UC football but he won't be able to cut it at a major Power 5 program or the NFL for that matter. His success is predicated on how he recruits the state of Ohio since Ohio State has focused its recruiting on a national level largely ignoring a major portion of Ohio now. There are a ton of good football players in Ohio (only California, Texas and Florida with more) and he saw this and jumped on it...kudos to him. He also has ZERO NFL experience which is a recipe for disaster in just about every case. An exception would be Urban who knows how to rebuild a program but I believe his coaching days are behind him for health reasons. Additionally, I don't think his offense would work well in the NFL.

I am one of the biggest Ohio State haters on the planet but a guy who would make a lot of sense is Ryan Day. The idea of plucking away another coordinator from an NFL team doesn't seem logical. Someone with head coaching experience and energy is needed. Ryan Day was a QB coordinator for two years in the NFL, has head coaching experience, knows Burrow and his offense is an air raid style which translates. He checks a lot of boxes but I just don't think we've seen the last of Zac once the season ends (unfortunately).
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Whos going to be our next coach? - ah5 - 11-22-2020, 08:42 PM
RE: Whos going to be our next coach? - 3wt - 11-22-2020, 11:14 PM
RE: Whos going to be our next coach? - J24 - 11-22-2020, 09:07 PM
RE: Whos going to be our next coach? - BigRed75 - 11-23-2020, 11:51 AM