Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The last time we drafted an OT...
We can't afford to miss on the line again. I feel like people think this team hasn't tried to build a line. They have. Look back at just how many first round lineman we've taken in recent years. They just suck at it.

2019 Williams: looks okay so far, developing well

2018 Price: It may be too early to call him a bust as he may still develop but I think we can agree he wasn't worth a first round.

2015 Ogbuehi/Fisher round 2: Do I need to even go into this

And 2 or 3 (5 round) or later picks not worth mentioning.

And of course the team has taken some shots in free agency that haven't really workout either.

We've missed, a lot. We can't miss again.

I suppose the alternative view is that maybe these players could have had success but coaching and play calling has been so poor they never had a chance. Maybe the problem is at the top.

Not to necessarily defend the coaching but Burrow balled out against all odds. no matter how bad play was around him he made things happen and kept this team in most games this year. That tends to make me think the problem isn't just coaches and play calling but the players on the line really are just that bad.

There is plenty of blame to go around and I was heart broken like everyone else to see Burrow get hurt. That could have happened to any QB on any team regardless of how good or bad the line is or how often you run or pass. It just sucked but I hope it incentives the higher ups to take the line seriously and get some players out there that can protect Burrow.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The last time we drafted an OT... - motoarch - 11-24-2020, 10:39 AM