Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zac Taylor's Job Not In Jeopardy Reports..
(11-24-2020, 10:13 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Everyone says Turner is an idiot for keeping Jordan in the starting lineup and criticize him when he says he sees Jordan developing. But, for the last 2 years people made that same statement about Hart, and yet here is Hart playing RT at a fairly decent level. Turner may or may not be replaced.

The most damning evidence against Turner is that many of the problems with pass protection are mental errors instead of players getting beat physically one-on-one.  Our O-line does not seem to be able to pick up a blitz or a stunt by the D-line.  The Ravens got five sacks from DBs because we were clueless against the blitz.

Plus Jonah looks nothing like the first O-lineman taken in the draft should.  He is struggling to be average.

Turner was the ONLY coach I gave any credit after it appeared that we fixed the run game in the middle of last season, but whatever they did last year is gone.  I just don't understand it.

(11-24-2020, 10:13 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Lou Anarumo will be back. He was given a lot of free agents to help the defense, and most of them got hurt. He's playing with a defensive line consisting of Covington, Bledsoe and Hunt and has them playing above their pedigrees. I believe Lou gets one more year with a healthy defense. 

Our defense was helpless against the run even before Reader and Alexander got injured.  And, again, the most damning evidence against him is more about scheme than poor individual play.  Teams score at will at the end of the half or the end of a game.  That has killed us all year.

Plus the fact that Dunlap is tearing it up with the Seahawks makes Lou look like a clown.  Apparently Lou wanted Dunlap gone after last season and the front office favored keeping Carlos.  For this reason alone I feel that even if the rest of the staff returns Lou will be gone.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Zac Taylor's Job Not In Jeopardy Reports.. - fredtoast - 11-24-2020, 12:01 PM