Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sometimes Rooting Against Your Team Is Really Rooting For Them
(11-29-2020, 09:13 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: If you are routing for them to lose how are you a fan of the team unless you've only been here for the Marvin years?

I survived the 90's and I never wanted them to lose then and still don't want them to lose now.

If anyone is hoping they lose out which would include a loss to pitt, you can seriously **** right off, cause no Bengal fan that is worth a shit would ever want this team to lose to pitt.

I've been a Bengals fan for 35 years, and have never rooted for them to lose, not even in during the 90's. However, I will go on record as saying that right now, for the first time in my life, I am actively rooting for them to lose all their remaining games. However, the reason I'm rooting for that is because I'm a Bengals fan and because I think it will potentially be more beneficial in the long run...not because I enjoy seeing them lose. That sucks, even when things are bad...and they're pretty damn bad right now.

Losing out guarantees Sewell. This team desperately needs him. This line desperately needs him. Joe Burrow desperately needs him. Being able to land Sewell makes rebuilding the line and trying to ensure Burrow's safety a much easier task. 

Also, while there's a very slim chance that the front office will replace Zac after the season, losing out is probably the only realistic way that it's even possible of happening. I think Zac is simply over his head as a head coach, and keeping him around is just wasting time. 

If losing out results in Sewell and a more qualified head coach...then it's worth it, IMO. While losing always sucks, how does winning a game or 2 at this point help this team at all? It could very well cost them Sewell and all but guarantee that hardly anything changes.

You can say that I'm not a Bengals fan because I'm wanting them to lose out, but the truth is, the only reason I'm want that to happen is because I'm a Bengals fan and I think it provides the best chance to (hopefully) turn things around sooner than later.

I understand people who can't root for the Bengals to lose in any situation. I've was that way for 34 and 10 games, but I've been all aboard the 'lose out' train since last week. So, if anyone feels like I'm not a 'real fan' after 35 years of being a diehard, and hopefully many more years to come...feel free to tell me why I'm not being a 'real fan' in hoping for losses in these final games.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sometimes Rooting Against Your Team Is Really Rooting For Them - Bengalholic - 11-29-2020, 10:27 PM