Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sometimes Rooting Against Your Team Is Really Rooting For Them
(11-29-2020, 10:44 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I respect you and I respect your opinion.

Two things I will still say over and over about losing out. 

Sewell is not a sure thing. He's a great college tackle, so was Jonah Williams, so were many other draft picks taken in the top 5 of a draft that have never panned out. Winning will attract more free agents, and that is what is going to fix this team more then a top 3 pick.

Secondly, this picture... look at this picture

[Image: 078d7b48-39ec-4da6-9584-a08b9227eb06-112...&auto=webp]

That is the future in Tyler Boyd. That is a guy that is sick and tired of losing. I want that guy, and Gio and Tee and Bates and the other guys that are worth keeping to start feeling wins and to not have that look on their face.

I can not, and I will not cheer against this team and hope for losses. Losing out gets Sewell, great you gain one tackle at the costs of demoralizing Boyd, Bates, Higgins... yeah... not a trade I'm willing to make.

Yes, losing sucks and I feel bad for the guys that are busting their asses trying to help this team wins games. The problem is, they have been losing at an alarming rate since mid-2018, and nothing I've seen from Taylor and his staff gives me confidence that they are capable of turning things around or building a winning culture. In fact, I get the opposite feeling. These players deserve better than Taylor and his incompetent staff. The only chance to possibly get a better HC and staff is to lose out and force Mike to see how bad things are, and even then it's not a sure thing. I love guys like Tyler, Bates and others, so I want better for them than Zac and company. 

As for Sewell, the number one thing this franchise needs to do in the offseason is build this o-line to be as good as possible. Taking Sewell is a huge step in that direction, along with going after a top G, even if they have to overpay in FA to get one...and keep working on improving from there. You're right that no prospect is a guarantee, but Sewell is about as close as we've seen in a long time. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sometimes Rooting Against Your Team Is Really Rooting For Them - Bengalholic - 11-29-2020, 11:03 PM