Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sometimes Rooting Against Your Team Is Really Rooting For Them
(11-29-2020, 09:44 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: What makes you believe that?

I say again.... the Brown family is going to do what the Brown family wants to do. Our complaints, the media giving them hell, none of it matters. They are going to do what they want regardless.

If you really believe that the win loss record across these last few games is going to impact Taylor's future here, you really are just fooling yourself.

What wins get you: 

Development of guys who will be a part of this team next year.
More attractive to key FA's that the team might be turning a corner.
A more enjoyable experience to watch.

What you get by losing:
The 3rd pick in the draft. (Oh boy... who cares.)
Sewell might be great, or he might be Ced 2.0 
Most importantly, one tackle doesn't fix the team. I'd gladly give away the third pick to ruin the steelers season, get some wins and show signs of life that makes more FA's consider coming here. What's better, Sewell (who is potential but maybe not that great, see Jonah Williams) or landing a guy like Thurney who has already shown you, he can make a difference in the NFL. Winning matters to free agents...and with our draft history, free agents are who I want to impress not some draft prospect.

I dont think this team has a chance in hell of beating Pitt unless half the steelers are out due to covid.  Or they rest everyone because theyve locked up the number 1 seed.  They lost 36-10 with burrow, imagine how bad it will be with (insert qb name here) playing.  
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sometimes Rooting Against Your Team Is Really Rooting For Them - Browns Town Bengal - 11-29-2020, 11:17 PM