Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sometimes Rooting Against Your Team Is Really Rooting For Them
(11-29-2020, 10:47 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: Losing out means players lose trust in the coaches, their teammates and the FO. It means they will not study film as much, work out as hard, put in as much effort because losing is easy. Winning is hard. Learning how to win is hard. I am of course not calling you a real fan, I know you are, but the premise behind losing out = helping us get better (by coach or draft pick) is not sound logic. Winning games helps get better. I am the biggest ZT hater on this board, but if he can get them to win a few games and they all buy in, build that culture, build that trust going into next year, that will be so much better for them going forward than losing out does. 

I also think this team needs a vastly better defense (specifically pass rush), guard play and CBs. Why I am firmly in the camp of trading down and acquiring as many pick as possible to address those areas. Our defense let Colt McCoy win the game for them. Colt McCoy. YIKES. We still need to protect burrow, but I think we can do that with much better guard play and running the ball better. Just don't think getting Sewell is the fastest way for us to get better. Addressing the defense (EDGE, CBs, and more CBs) and guards I believe will 

If Zac's not head coach material, which IMO he's not, then where exactly does the 'winning culture' come from? Does it come from sticking with a terrible DC who your players are obviously having issues with? Does it come from hiring an OL coach that no one in the NFL would hire because he's a long time buddy? Does it come from not going all out to improve an o-line that was full of question marks and suspect talent, after drafting a franchise QB? Does it come from not making sure you had backup QB that can throw the ball more than 10 yards? Just a few of the things that are making question who's instilling this winning culture? 

To say that a getting a better coach isn't sound logic seems illogical to me. If the coach is better, then wouldn't the results potentially be better? You said winning games makes the team better, but how do you accomplish that if you have a subpar head coach and staff? Wouldn't a better coach and staff have a greater chance of winning games? 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sometimes Rooting Against Your Team Is Really Rooting For Them - Bengalholic - 11-29-2020, 11:22 PM