Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sometimes Rooting Against Your Team Is Really Rooting For Them
(11-29-2020, 10:44 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I respect you and I respect your opinion.

Two things I will still say over and over about losing out. 

Sewell is not a sure thing. He's a great college tackle, so was Jonah Williams, so were many other draft picks taken in the top 5 of a draft that have never panned out. Winning will attract more free agents, and that is what is going to fix this team more then a top 3 pick.

Secondly, this picture... look at this picture

[Image: 078d7b48-39ec-4da6-9584-a08b9227eb06-112...&auto=webp]

That is the future in Tyler Boyd. That is a guy that is sick and tired of losing. I want that guy, and Gio and Tee and Bates and the other guys that are worth keeping to start feeling wins and to not have that look on their face.

I can not, and I will not cheer against this team and hope for losses. Losing out gets Sewell, great you gain one tackle at the costs of demoralizing Boyd, Bates, Higgins... yeah... not a trade I'm willing to make.

You worry about players too much. His face is no different than a fan's face, that still cares enough. Players and fans get over it after a couple days. 

Last year you were going on about Burrow not being a sure thing and they had too many holes and needed more picks. This year you seem to be doing the same thing. 

The best thing for this team is to lose all the remaining games and get a cornerstone like Sewell and then address the rest of the team with the rest of the draft...after hopefully getting one of the two FA guards out there. 

I already touched on the roster in a different thread and there aren't so many holes that they can't be fixed relatively quickly. 

This team is and has been ravaged by injures for the last few years and that has shown that their backups are woefully ineffective in any way shape or form. 

One draft pick, one free agent and health are the only things this team needs to be successful, even with Zac Asshat.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sometimes Rooting Against Your Team Is Really Rooting For Them - rfaulk34 - 11-29-2020, 11:37 PM