Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Finley was awful at QB and so was Allen...
(11-30-2020, 11:14 PM)TheFan Wrote: What top QB in the league didn't have a veteran QB either who started ahead of them or was their back up to learn from? 

Brees, Brady, Mahomes, Rogers, Rivers, Big Ben...the list goes on and on. 

Burrow isn't a veteran. He's a rookie who hasn't even played a full season of games. He still has a lot of things to learn and I guarantee he would say the same thing and welcome it. 

Of your list, only Brady did for an extended period of time (Bledsoe).

Brees and Ben had no one and Rivers/Mahomes had a vet around for 1 season (and Brees was only in year 2 or 3, so not really a Vet). And Mahomes I classify the same as Burrow; they don't need a vet behind them, they just need someone competent and who has experience in a similar (or the same) system.

Yes they were rookies or second year players, but they didn't play like rookies or inexperienced players and if they made a mistake, they didn't make it a second time.

That's what I meant by Burrow being a veteran (he isn't, of course); he's not like Herbert or Tua that are making stupid mistakes and relying only on their God-given talents (Tua has limited his, to be fair, but he has been far from stellar).

That's why you bring in a leader, someone who has experience with Air-Raid/Spread concepts and someone who is competent, but won't make huge mistakes or stupid plays.

There are 3 guys that fit that, either coming out or in the league currently: Minshew (who is under contract), Anthony Gordon (though he'd be my last choice, of the 3) and Shane Buechele.

As such, I'd spend a 5th or 6th on the young guy from college, who has a chip on his shoulder and is a leader of men.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Finley was awful at QB and so was Allen... - Truck_1_0_1_ - 12-01-2020, 10:48 AM