Poll: Do you want ZT back if his leaving makes JB want to leave as well?
This poll is closed.
Yes
24.24%
16 24.24%
No
75.76%
50 75.76%
Total 66 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Do you want Zac Taylor back for year 3 if his leaving leaves JB unhappy?
(12-01-2020, 10:23 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I can't even wrap my head around this question...I wonder if on the Jets message board there are people wondering if Trevor Lawrence will refuse to play for the Jets if they dare fire Adam Gase.

I'll also say the takes on Burrow are really starting to hit the extremes...which is your favorite?

1.  Joe Burrow is such a leader and winner that he will convince Mike Brown to drastically alter our losing culture and start a dynasty

OR

2.  Joe Burrow will demand a trade if we keep a HC who wins 2 games per year?

If MB and crew run this franchise in a manner which leads to Burrow wanting out I'd hardly be surprised, I just don't think ZT is quite as essential to keeping Burrow happy as you do.  THat's all.

I'd like to hear the compete context of each and every quote Joe Burrow has provided that has lead people to believe he would be upset if Taylor left.

I'm pretty sure theyr'e your run of the mill, rookie responses given in press conferences.  Sure, he's going to say he likes working with his new coach.  A rookie, a QB, a captain, do any of them ever come out in a non-postive way when probed about their coach?

Reminds of this:

Bengals Team Reporter - "Hey, Joe (player who has never played in the league yet), how would you feel about throwing balls to AJ Green (multiple time Pro-Bowler, high level name vet)

Joe Burrow - "I'd love it."

Jungle Noise - "OMG Joe Burrow just says he wants to sign AJ Green!!!!  We have to get AJ back because Joe just said he wants him here!!!!"

It's like a good portion of this board doesn't understand how most of questions and replies go, and they've never watched a press conference or read an interview.

That's how we ended up with the idea that Carson Palmer was calling for Terrell Owens all offseason, and was given exactly who he wanted.  Even though they asked him in late July what he thought about TO (after he was already rumored to sign) and he said something like "Yeah, go get that guy".

Like that was Palmers first choice all along, that's all he wanted that offseason.  He was given all he wanted, because he gave a PC answer when asked about a desperate need late in the offseason, when all other options were exhausted.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Do you want Zac Taylor back for year 3 if his leaving leaves JB unhappy? - Wes Mantooth - 12-01-2020, 11:05 AM