Poll: Do you want ZT back if his leaving makes JB want to leave as well?
This poll is closed.
Yes
24.24%
16 24.24%
No
75.76%
50 75.76%
Total 66 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Do you want Zac Taylor back for year 3 if his leaving leaves JB unhappy?
(12-01-2020, 12:12 PM)Nately120 Wrote: H1: firing ZT will lead to the hiring of a HC that compels Joe Burrow to want to leave the Bengals
H0: firing ZT will NOT lead to the hiring of a HC that compels Joe Burrow to want to leave the Bengals

That's the way to outline the hypothetical here, and the issue is that we have no hard evidence to support the assertion that Joe Burrow's tenure with the Bengals is connected to ZT or that Joe Burrow even likes the guy.  There isn't any hard evidence that Burrow would want out if we moved on from ZT and we can't say that the next HC we hire wouldn't get along with Joe to the point where he'd want out of Cincy.

Maybe I'm not framing your argument correctly, but the hypothetical is rooted in a whole lotta unsubstantiated confounding variables that also rely upon assumptions that Burrow loves ZT and Burrow will hate the next HC.  I will say this has generated discussion, though.

Let me reframe it this way, like I said, this is hypothetical.... "IF they fire ZT and Burrow does not get along with his replacement and decides to leave after his first contract, would it still be worth it to you"
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Do you want Zac Taylor back for year 3 if his leaving leaves JB unhappy? - Sled21 - 12-01-2020, 12:33 PM