Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joe heading to LA for surgery
(12-01-2020, 01:45 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Am I the only one that is a little upset at people saying, "he'll be ready for week 1", as if it were fact?

I didn't even like the wording the team used: "We expect him back for 2021".

It may seem petty, but this wording would have sounded much better to me: "We very hopeful he'll be back for 2021" or "We're optimistic he'll back for 2021"

I'm sure some people will accuse me of being negative, but it's not that at all. "Expect" is a strong word. Posters, stating as fact, that he'll be ready to go, seems like undue pressure.

I just want the guy to take as much time as he needs, and for us to not to rush this in any way possible. This is a QB we're hopefully counting on for the next decade, so I'd prefer not to rush this, or to make the kid feel in any way we're counting on him for week 1.

To each their own, but I almost find people who say, he'll be good to go week 1, as offensive. Let's let this play out. If erring on the side of caution means October or November then go that route.

Just keep Joe safe, and in no way put any unneeded pressure on him throughout the process.

I posted this earlier . . .

(11-26-2020, 02:27 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/29638200/

The mean time for return to play is 305 days with a range of plus or minus almost 2 months.

I haven’t seen anyone definitively state Burrow will be ready Week 1. But the prognosis based upon NFL players with multi ligament knee injuries receiving NFL level medical care includes a scenario in which he could be ready by Week 1. It could also be later, but no reason to hit the panic button.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Joe heading to LA for surgery - pally - 11-30-2020, 03:56 PM
RE: Joe heading to LA for surgery - TheFan - 11-30-2020, 06:49 PM
RE: Joe heading to LA for surgery - Sled21 - 12-01-2020, 10:04 AM
RE: Joe heading to LA for surgery - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 12-01-2020, 05:10 PM