Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One play from 2010 as I can relate it to present day ZT led team
I would have liked to see if this defense would actually be in the teens in terms of ranking with all the planned starters healthy and performing like they should. Reader, Waynes, Atkins, and Dunlap.

Kind of the same with the OL. I really wish we would have been able to have XSF the whole season along with the pickup of Spain. Maybe they wouldn't be bottom-tier either.

But at this point, we've seen nearly two full seasons of poor performance, and while I think the injuries have had an impact, there isn't enough optimism to gamble next season on when it comes to OL and defense.

I'm torn with Taylor as an offensive playcaller. There was a stretch of games where I was thinking he can run a good offense. But now that Burrow is out, I realize Taylor's offense is incredibly dependent on QB performance. If Burrow is out or hampered, the offense completely stalls. Part of that too is personnel. The receivers don't get open fast enough, the OL doesn't block long enough, and the backup QBs don't have enough ability to extend the play to allow for receivers to get open. But I need to see more adjustment from Taylor when the primary gameplan isn't working for me to have confidence he can be a truly good playcaller.

For Taylor the HC, I see mixed messages when it comes to accountability. I think there's more accountability put on the players, as we see players get benched quite often for poor performance. But I don't see much accountability at all when it comes to the coaches. It seems the coaching staff can do no wrong in his eyes. But maybe that's because they are waiting until the offseason to do a coaching change.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: One play from 2010 as I can relate it to present day ZT led team - ochocincos - 12-04-2020, 12:10 PM