Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Could Taylor's end be sooner than later?
(12-04-2020, 10:12 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Interesting as SI writes that the front office has questioned his offensive strategy.  Calling Taylor the "fall guy" for Burrow's demise seems like a polite way of saying that it's the beginning of the end for Zac Taylor in Cincinnati.

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/news/zac-taylor-bengals-future-rumor

Edit:  I've been away for a few days, I'll gladly merge this if it's already been posted.

The only "some" in the front office are Tobin and people with the last name Brown.  If the family's confidence is waning, Zac is in deep shit.  I'll go out on a limb and guess that Mikey is the one that's getting pissed.  Mikey is an epically bad owner from a historical perspective, but he's not a complete fool.  He also loves his shiny offensive weapons like no other part of the team.

He and the family have to understand that Burrow is/was the ticket out of the doghouse with the city and fanbase.  Joe is highly likable, high profile, and pretty damn good at football.  All of the crap that the national media talked about them just seemed to be proven true with this injury.  I'd almost be surprised if they weren't irate with Taylor's handling of his rookie year.  They got the best toy under the tree last Christmas and soon had the privilege of watching the dude they gave more control than they've ever given anyone let it get smashed to pieces.  

Get mad, Mikey, get real mad.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Could Taylor's end be sooner than later? - samhain - 12-04-2020, 10:27 PM