Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I've lost all interest in this team...
(12-04-2020, 10:54 PM)jason Wrote: I can't even smoke weed and watch the Bengals anymore... The last 5 years they just harsh my mellow.

When it comes to choosing between the two, I'd rather just quit the Bengals.

This thread is why I wanted to trade down and let Burrow go to Carolina, who was the highest spot at #8 that offered a trade up and a team that you would only have to face once every four years. #1 QBs don't do well with the teams that "earned" the #1 overall pick. Peyton Manning is the rare exception. I would have extended Dalton through 2022, trade down again with the #8 pick, draft o-line for Mixon, build up draft capitol for 2021 and, in 2022 or 2023, hand off a better team to whatever QB they trade up to get next year. It would have given the next QB a team that was better prepared to be run by a young QB because the Bengals in 2022 will be three full off-seasons removed from that disastrous 2-14 season in 2019. 

Now, instead of building up draft capitol and the building of the o-line already in progress, they are back at square zero, except now with damaged goods at QB. But everybody wanted to have the shiny new toy first and then wonder why we can't have nice things.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I've lost all interest in this team... - Forever Spinning Vinyl - 12-05-2020, 01:37 AM