Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Could Taylor's end be sooner than later?
(12-04-2020, 10:12 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Interesting as SI writes that the front office has questioned his offensive strategy.  Calling Taylor the "fall guy" for Burrow's demise seems like a polite way of saying that it's the beginning of the end for Zac Taylor in Cincinnati.

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/news/zac-taylor-bengals-future-rumor

Edit:  I've been away for a few days, I'll gladly merge this if it's already been posted.

I question anything that uses the Bengals FO as the whistle blower for an article. Bengals are a lot of bad things, but the FO may be most tight lipped group in the NFL, simply they say nothing so is the article credible.

As far as Bengals, look at top paid players on the roster. They are either hurt, were traded away (Dunlap) due to under performing or under performing.

If a guy like Geno wants to stay a Bengal in 2021, he needs to take a 50% pay cut and even then he may be over paid based on his 2020 production. 2021 is a unique year with the salary cap, many teams will be asking players to take cuts or cutting them to get under the cap. The franchise tag will be rarely used (teams can't afford it). I see a lot of 1 year deals discounted as agents and players bank on 2022 cap being much larger.

My point is we are in great position, we have cap money and can create more cap money by cutting players who under performed or asking them to take a pay cut in 2021. What is a team like Dallas going to do with an injured start QB not under contract who projected to break the bank. These contracts will financially strap teams and force them to make moves due to cap issues.

Bargains will be available so if our FA does a great job, many reason very good football players should want to come to Cincinnati with main one being Joe Burrow.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Could Taylor's end be sooner than later? - Luvnit2 - 12-05-2020, 11:45 AM