Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Could Taylor's end be sooner than later?
(12-04-2020, 10:12 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Interesting as SI writes that the front office has questioned his offensive strategy.  Calling Taylor the "fall guy" for Burrow's demise seems like a polite way of saying that it's the beginning of the end for Zac Taylor in Cincinnati.

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/news/zac-taylor-bengals-future-rumor

Edit:  I've been away for a few days, I'll gladly merge this if it's already been posted.

Wondered if somebody would post this article. I like James Rapien of SI, but he has a tendency take little molehills he finds elsewhere and make them into mountains. In this case, it comes from a mock draft from Bleacher Report's Matt Miller. It was a throw away comment in the blurb about the Bengals pick. 

Down deep, you all know that if Matt Miller based this on any inside info he had about the Bengals FO, it wouldn't buried somewhere in a mock draft blurb, it would be a piece on its own, and would be getting picked up everywhere. It would be a bombshell. This is just lazy speculation from a member of the football commentariat who knows little about the Bengals. And you've all seen that before to - national level commenters who know less about the Bengals than we do. 

I'm not saying there's no truth to the rumor, i'm just saying it's not based on anything the regulars on this board didn't already know. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Could Taylor's end be sooner than later? - Geno_Can_Dunk - 12-05-2020, 06:31 PM