Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Do You Think the Brown Family Feels Embarrassed?
(12-05-2020, 01:14 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Kind of an oddball question, I know.  But this is something I've wondered for quite some time.

Do you think Mike, Katie, Troy, or Duke (basically family) has any shame whatsoever?  Do you think they ever feel embarrassed or humilated by just how terrible at their jobs they are?

I honestly don't think they really do.  I do think they feel disappointed, and I'm sure they realize they could do better.  But I doubt they feel as embarrassed as they should.  

I think they probably rationlize it by either blaming the people underneath them (coaches and players), or by attributing it to bad luck or bad breaks (just like a lot of posters do here sometimes).

I just don't know how you could continue to throw out such a piss-poor product and never really look at youself being part of the problem.  

Like, how do these people take themselves seriously?  How do they go into an owners meeting, or meets with agents or the media, and not realize they're a complete joke to everyone else?   Do they not understand how stupid they look continuing to do the things that they do?

I don't know, guys.  It just seems so odd.  If they did feel shame or embarrassment they'd obviously do something to correct it.  They'd acknowledge they need help and aren't capable of doing this themselves.  They bring in new people to the Front Office and change their entire approach.

I hope I'm wrong.  I hope someone like Duke Tobin knows just what a loser he is at his job.  I hope Mike and Katie feel incredible embarrasment that this is what they offer to this city.  I hope Troy knows he has no business being anywhere around the game of football.  I hope they all know they're underqualified for what they do, and that everyone knows it.

I just can't imagine being one of these people and not doing something to make improvements, and to make myself look better in the process.  Not caring is taken to entirely different level when you're at the top of a 2 billion company, in a sport that's under a microscope and watched by millions.  But that's what it appears to be, they just don't give a shit what anyone thinks.

Not at all. They talk about "bad luck" a lot. Which is the opposite of accountability and embarrasment. It makes sense given that the only living members of the Brown family are in the position they are is due to luck/nepotism.

Mike Brown never earned his way to running a football team. Never even earned his way into owning one, really. Same with the rest of them. I have hope that the Blackburns will be more amenable to changes on the football side once Mike is totally gone.

When good luck gives you the only "makes" you've ever had, luck must be the cause of the "breaks" then, too, right?
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Do You Think the Brown Family Feels Embarrassed? - PDub80 - 12-06-2020, 12:02 AM