Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Do You Think the Brown Family Feels Embarrassed?
(12-06-2020, 04:37 AM)Benton Wrote: The brown family is terrible at football, but that's not their job. Their job is owning the team. And they're very, very good at that. They've got the city paying for a stadium, profit sharing, etc.

Give me a break.  You're saying they're good at their jobs because they secured a stadium deal when, at the time, public funding was the norm?  Because they held the city hostage and had some shady business dealings, which included hiring the county commisoner (Bob Bedinghaus) who worked the deal, immediately after it's completion?

Proft sharing?  I'm assuming this means the league's revenue sharing from tv.  You're giving them credit for that?  They're good at what they do because they're part of a sytem that rewards everyone equally?  If they're good at this, can you point to an owner who is bad at it?  Is there any owner that isn't good at profit sharing?  I would assume for someone to be good there would have to be someone who is bad, otherwise they'd all be equal.

Let's look at some of what their job entails, and tell me if I'm wrong:

Building a quality product - Terrible
Selling Tickets - Terrible
Selling Merchandise - Terrible
Selling Cooperate Luxury Boxes - Terrible
Marketing - Terrible
PR - Terrible
Customer Satisfaction - Terrible
Reputation - Terrible

From a business prospective, what exactly do they do well?  I'd love to know.  If you're answer essentially equates to being cheap then that's not really an answer.

If they were any other business they would have went bust a long, long time ago.  They have one of the worst products in their industry, they have continued to ignore customer complaints, and they refuse to adapt.  They are awful at what they do.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Do You Think the Brown Family Feels Embarrassed? - Wes Mantooth - 12-06-2020, 12:31 PM