Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do opposing teams just try to take out our best prospects every game?
(12-06-2020, 08:49 PM)fredtoast Wrote: We need to start a thread with a crybaby drama queen competition for guys like this.  I know a couple of more I could nominate.

I am not saying we will be great anytime soon, but these guys were wrong in 2003 and they could very well be wrong again.

No one is disagreeing that things are bad now, but it takes a special level of crybaby drama queen to predict we will be bad for an entire decade.

This.  Hate to start the week off by agreeing with Fred  Ninja but in all seriousness, this team isn't beyond repair.  

They got really close with Palmer (05).  They got really close with Dalton (15).  You can say a first round exit isn't close, and I get that, but they were among the elite those seasons and could have gone all the way (especially 15 when Denver won...Jesus, damn near beat them in Denver with a backup QB) if not for unlucky injuries to our QBs.

That was the same administration that owns and runs the team now, but they have added a title to Tobin and given him more scouts.  They went with an offensive minded coach that was coming off a Super Bowl run.  Did it work?  Sure doesn't look like it.  But, that failure lead us to Burrow and for that, I am grateful.

Where do we go from here?  Well, the arguments for drafting anyone but Sewell went out the window with Jonah's injury.  The next coach, assuming they move on from Taylor and I still don't believe they will, needs to be a great hire.  I am far from a coach scout.  I tend to want new rather than recycled and that is probably not wise on my part.  Some guys probably figured out what they did wrong their first go-around, or had poor talent.  

When you mentioned Jay Gruden, I started thinking back to his ability to turn things around quickly and implement his scheme without OTAs.  He played to the strengths of his QB.  And one of the things I liked best about him is he seemed to be a very straight shooter.  He had no time for BS.  I got to speak to him on a number of occasions and I always found him entertaining (hilarious at times) and a no nonsense guy.  Direct, fair, intelligent, and had a player's background.  

I think Gruden is also pretty well connected in the NFL and would be able to assemble a quality staff.  He gets my early vote.  

I don't need to go in to all the details on how the team can go from zero to hero, but it isn't as bad as all are making it out to be.  I get it.  Incredibly frustrating.  I saw some of the worst officiating I have ever seen in an NFL game yesterday.  It was a meaningless game and I don't want the Bengals to blow getting Sewell, but it was disgusting.  I was cursing at the TV at volumes I rarely reach.  The PI call against WJIII that would have been an INT.  NOPE!  Can't have the darling Tua look bad.  WJIII initiated contact within 5 yards and the WR lost his balance.  It was an amazing play by WJIII.  Screwed.  The Boyd ejection and incredibly late flag was also a farce.  I will try to get a picture of one play where a Miami CB was essentially ACROSS the line of scrimmage standing there.  No flag.  All that pisses me off to no end, but pissing and moaning about losing for a decade is senseless.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Do opposing teams just try to take out our best prospects every game? - SHRacerX - 12-07-2020, 10:36 AM