Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bengals Have No O Line, Need To Add Many New O Line
(12-07-2020, 05:56 PM)jj22 Wrote: Do you think this would be the case if LT was settled? or if people were sold on Williams? We pass up on "can't miss" prospects all the time in the draft at positions that are settled. That's why no one is interested in a QB at 3.  I think if fans were sold on Williams, we would be willing to pass on Sewell at 3. Again, this is the deepest OT class we have seen in the last decade. We can get a starting RT in the 2nd or 3rd round.

I hope we take Sewell, because I'm willing to admit I'm not sold on Williams at LT. If I was sold on Williams, I'd be open to take another position or trade out of the spot (which I still hope we do).

There was concerns about Williams coming out as far as his best position. Some even saying he'd be best at Center.

In a word: yes.
RT is about just as important at LT is nowadays and the Bengals could use an upgrade over Hart.
Sewell can also play RT, he doesn't have to be LT only.
I'd be fine putting Sewell at RT and keep Williams at LT.

If I was to pick a non-QB at 3, the only 3-4 prospects I'd consider are Sewell, Chase, Surtain, and maybe Rousseau.
I do agree that a starting RT can be found in Rd 2 or top of Rd 3, but there's a difference between those guys in Rd 2/3 and Sewell.

But I wouldn't go Surtain if WJ3 is extended, as Surtain would almost "surtainly" be a backup as a rookie or Waynes would get paid way too much to ride the bench. And I wouldn't necessarily want to go Chase because I feel the Bengals already have good starting WRs in Higgins and Boyd. Rousseau is a bit of a gamble after only having just a single good season.

So for me, I'd take Sewell or trade back to get an extra couple Day 1/2 picks.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals Have No O Line, Need To Add Many New O Line - ochocincos - 12-07-2020, 06:43 PM