Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
TRUTH article about Zac Taylor
(12-07-2020, 05:07 PM)Big Boss Wrote: "Preparing for them, we saw a lot of zero [coverage], a lot of man [coverage], a lot of (cover) one.  Towards the end of the game, they started playing cover two and we didn’t think they were going to ever do that. They showed it and I just think we weren’t ready for it." - Tee Higgins

Just read this shit out loud.

This is a bit misleading. "Weren't ready" and unable to make the changes are a bit different and I think you were always going to be limited to what kind of adjustment could be made with Allen at QB. For instance, if Burrow (or a long time veteran) is playing, you come to the sideline after the first drive in the half and go "They are giving us a similar two high look Indy gave us so we are going back to our game plan from week 6". First half they were moving the ball on a very good Miami defense with a backup QB because they had a solid game plan. In the second half, they weren't adjusting because contrary to what people think the NFL isn't Madden and you don't just have a million plays in your playbook you can switch to each week. When you have past experiences as a QB and coordinator you can go back to, that is when you see some of these elite vets really shine. Brady and McDaniels were notorious for making half time switches to past gameplans that worked against certain looks.

This is not to defend Taylor, I am ready to move on, this is merely to point of the situation isn't as damning as the quote makes it sound. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: TRUTH article about Zac Taylor - jj22 - 12-07-2020, 04:52 PM
RE: TRUTH article about Zac Taylor - J24 - 12-07-2020, 05:01 PM
RE: TRUTH article about Zac Taylor - Au165 - 12-08-2020, 09:16 AM
RE: TRUTH article about Zac Taylor - jj22 - 12-07-2020, 05:49 PM