Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Bengals and Lions are locked in an 3 decade battle...
(12-08-2020, 03:04 PM)Wyche Wrote: They somewhat had it together until 1991. They were in the playoff hunt several times in the 70s, but there weren't very many spots to be had in those days. They obviously went to a couple of SBs in the 80s....where they took the Patriots of the day to the wire both times. The 9ers beat the absolute shit out of everyone else they faced back then. 

This is SOLELY on Mike Brown.

Yeah. So Mike Brown took over in 1991. But, modern free agency also started in 1992. I think at some level those are related.

Free agency and a salary cap also implies you can lose players. We need a better scouting department! Having coaches scout at a high level just isn't practical.

We know that MB doesn't really like free agency. Props to the team for spending this past offseason. It's rare when they shell out that amount of cash for free agents. I liked the Reader and Bell signings especially. Alexander was a nice 1 year deal. I thought the Waynes signing was meh, but they changed up from Kirkpatrick who they deemed as not working.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Bengals and Lions are locked in an 3 decade battle... - THE PISTONS - 12-08-2020, 03:16 PM