Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can we please get a coach like this...
How refreshing would it be to have a coach speak like this? And keep in mind this is the coach of an 11-1 team...

"If you can't get a yard in our game, you don't deserve to win," Tomlin said. "That's the nuts and bolts elements of football, the physicality element of football. We didn't meet that challenge, so we have some work to do in that area."

"If you're a legit unit, if you're a unit that has the goods, you can absorb irregularities in schedules, players -- significant players -- missing and so forth and still rise up in those moments," Tomlin said. "That's our charge as we prepare for this next game. ... We've lost fluidity since we missed some of those guys.

"To be quite honest with you, that pisses me off because we have to be the type of group that endures regardless of who is available. That's how we construct this group, not only in terms of our acquisition of players but just development of mentality and personality."

"They can catch the ball or they can get replaced by those who will catch it," Tomlin said. "It's just as simple as that. As I have often said, I expect guys to make routine plays routinely. When there is a pattern of that not happening, then we have to look at who we are throwing the ball to.

"The coaching of catching the football for those who are employed to do it at this level is not something that I have a lot of patience for, it's not something that any of us have a lot of patience for. Those guys' job is to catch the football, particularly routine ones. Where there's a pattern, you should expect to see less opportunities."
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Can we please get a coach like this... - Nicomo Cosca - 12-09-2020, 02:14 AM