Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Losing Gamblers who lose big
(12-10-2020, 01:36 PM)ochocincos Wrote: 1) If they basically were willing to go through the hardships of terrible seasons, they should have been open and honest to fans about that. But they probably would have sold (way) fewer tickets, so maybe not lol.
2) You and I agree on this one. A close loss is better than a blowout, but we can't keep using this as an excuse.
3) If the Bengals had a winning record with Burrow before he went down, I would agree. But they won 2.5 games with him. It's not just him being out.
4) Suck it up on paying coaching staffs. The team has (or should have) plenty of money to do that.
5) We don't know that for sure, but it was said by Marvin that basically the FO vote trumps the coaches if there's a disagreement.
6) One would hope they acknowledge that the OL and front 7 were terrible this year and put in a better effort to improve it. Simply adding a NT (Reader), a C-tier journeyman LB (Bynes), and a C-tier OG (XSF) was not enough to turn terrible into quality.
7) They need to admit mistakes. It's part of accountability. If they keep down this path, they will (continue to) lose the fanbase in what's already a small market.
8) Are the players really playing hard for Taylor? I've seen multiple instances where what seems hardly any effort is made. AJ Green jogging on a route until he saw Burrow throw it to him (he didn't catch it cuz he wasn't where he was supposed to be). Multiple OL not even try to get their hands up and onto a defender. Maybe this was because the defender shifted into a different zone, but I really hate when I see an OL not block someone. Go after someone.
9) They took that approach with Marvin. We ultimately saw a better stretch of winning in 2011-2015 than we saw in 2005-2010. But Marvin had established winning seasons before 2011. Taylor has the worst record of any team since the start of 2019. He has no previous success to lean on.

Yeah, they're all non-sense. I was one of the biggest Taylor critics before it became cool to be one. I thought he was a TERRIBLE hire from the start.

I never could have imagined he was 4.5 wins in 2 years bad.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Losing Gamblers who lose big - THE PISTONS - 12-09-2020, 11:16 PM
RE: Losing Gamblers who lose big - jj22 - 12-09-2020, 11:25 PM
RE: Losing Gamblers who lose big - THE PISTONS - 12-10-2020, 01:55 PM