Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zac on what goes wrong with the offense in the 3rd quarter:
(12-14-2020, 01:06 AM)Bengalholic Wrote: But, that sort of does mean he's an idiot...at least in terms of being an NFL owner. If you suck as bad as he has, and you refuse address that reality, even though it continues to hurt your franchise...I'm not sure what else you would call it?

He can be an idiot and I can still feel bad for him.  He obviously didn't inherit the football greatness genes of his father, who was an innovator in the game.  Mike picked up on whatever he picked up on and stuck with it because it's what he knew or thought was right or whatever.  There are plenty of people in this world who are well-meaning but fall short.  While I blame MB for the last 30 years of nightmares, I still think he wants to make this work and I hope it does before he isn't here to see it.  

I also don't really believe at all that he's truly calling the shots any more.  With Tobin in there and Katie and the rest of the clan, I think there's much more of a committee these days.  And while I suspect MB has to rubber stamp whatever the rest of them want to do, I'm sure after all these years they know how to push him.  

Let's consider this for just a second...  Tobin is considered to be the GM, even if not titled as such.  He's been in the org for years, has MB's ear every day.  Do you think that Tobin is those meetings telling Brown that they need to hire a GM?  Do you think he's sitting there effectively telling his boss that he doesn't know how to do his job?  I put plenty of the Years of Futility on MB's head, but he's in his sunset years now and I don't think he's necessarily got people around him that are helping him make any better decisions, either.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Zac on what goes wrong with the offense in the 3rd quarter: - MileHighGrowler - 12-14-2020, 11:51 AM