Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interesting Snap Count Stats from Dallas Game
(12-14-2020, 03:03 PM)wildcatnku24 Wrote: Based on this snap count, and I started wondering it as the game played out anyways, but you have to wonder if the goal isn’t to lose out. Or perhaps now that we have the 1.5 game lead, we win one but ensure we don’t win any more. Perhaps Zac is intentionally doing this since burrow went down. I don’t know that previous snap counts indicated this “suck for Sewell” narrative but this is getting close enough to where even a zac supporter like me starts to tilt my head at the numbers. Atkins, I haven’t really balked at but only because we all know he needs surgery and don’t want him to have that injury turn from bad to worse.

If the above is true, I honestly think I’d join the “sack zac” bandwagon only because it would be counter to what he’s been preaching. I hope that’s not the case. Us as fans wanting to suck for Sewell I can palate. Especially since I’m in that crowd at this point. We obviously need to pick high based on record, but I also see it as somewhat of a gift because like last year, if our team were healthy with the expected starters I don’t honestly see top five picks either year.

Who knows, perhaps this is the real way to build a dynasty? Seems dirty to me if it’s true, and not something I’d be proud to stand behind if I were a coach, which clearly I’m not :)

I think it's the opposite. Coaches play veterans to try to win. He's feeling the heat from the press about his job.

I think the staff has their favorites and play them. And I think the staff is bad at evaluating talent.

Once, you're down by 2-3 scores against Dallas, IF you were trying to lose...wouldn't you play the Logan Wilson's of the world then?

On Sewell, he has potential off the charts, but he's going to take a ton of development. He's not going to come in and be the best LT in the NFL day 1. He's a 20 year old kid that hasn't played in an entire season.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Interesting Snap Count Stats from Dallas Game - THE PISTONS - 12-14-2020, 03:29 PM